Monday, November 17, 2008

Wine Paraphernalia

Wondering what to give the wine lover in your life? There are dozens of cool wine gadgets and serving pieces to choose from, the problem is, the person you're shopping for may already have all that stuff! I'm still trying to figure out a tactful way of sending my Amazon wishlist to the people on my gift exchange list, but that's another story...

Consumables are a safe bet. If the wine lover on your list lives in a ship-to state, a gift certificate from a cool online wine boutique like Domaine 547, or a wine outlet like Bin Ends Wine is the perfect gift. Bin Ends can legally ship inside Massachusetts too--bonus!

Now here's something I really need and I wouldn't mind finding in my stocking at all: Wine Wipes! Yes, some may scoff at the idea of portable teeth/lip wipes, but I think it's brilliant! I hate trying to laugh with my mouth closed after drinking a mega-purple wine! Who wants to go around looking like an extra in one of those films set in eighteenth century Edinburough?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After one glass of Petite Sirah last night, I felt like saying "more porridge, please"....

Wine wipes would be good for restaurants to give their patrons when they have been crushing big reds.

Taster B said...

lol! "please sir, we'd like some more..."