Friday, February 6, 2009

Celebrate Life Merlot fighting starvation

Here is a Press Release I received from CPR/Colangelo & Partners Public Relations today that I thought was worth sharing with you:
---------------------------------------------

MARCO FANTINEL, PRESIDENT OF FANTINEL AND 3RD GENERATION WINEMAKER, RINGS NASDAQ STOCK MARKET OPENING BELL TODAY

Marco Fantinel, President of Friuli based wine company Fantinel, presided over the opening of the NASDAQ Stock Market to commemorate the Celebrate Life campaign and recent launch of Celebrate Life Merlot.

The Celebrate Life campaign, which began in early 2008, donates 25% ($1.00) for each bottle of special edition Celebrate Life Merlot sold. "In Italy and, increasingly, around the world, enjoying wine is about sharing with family and friends," says Fantinel. "Celebrate Life Merlot was created as a means for sharing our family's good fortune as a wine producer with the world and encouraging generosity on a global scale."

The Celebrate Life campaign was conceived by Marco Fantinel, a UN Goodwill Ambassador, to support the Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Micro-Algae Spirulina Against Malnutrition (IIMSAM), a UN Permanent Observer, in their fight to eradicate global malnutrition through the use of Spirulina. The sustainable, nutrient rich-algae used effectively in developing countries to combat severe malnutrition, which most commonly affects children. Contributions made by the Celebrate Life campaign directly supports the production and distribution of this vital nutrient to populations across the globe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had this wine a few months ago, around the holidays. I wrote about it in my "Wine with a Cause" series. I thought it was pretty cool too.

Taster B said...

Very cool :) I haven't tried this merlot but, I like the cause.

Anonymous said...

Cool post B. They hand contacted me a while back and asked if I would review the wine, sometime before xmas, but I never got any. Oh well. It is a good cause.

cheers
John