Monday, October 27, 2008

Home from WBC

Wow! I can't believe this is the first chance I've had to post anything about the weekend I just had! I just rolled into Boston this morning at 6:45am from sunny Sonoma County where I attended the first North American Wine Bloggers Conference.

I can't even begin to go into everything that happened in the two and a half short days of the conference, but the biggest highlight for me was definitely meeting a lot of wonderful wine bloggers and industry people who I've only known by avatar up until this point. I just wish there'd been enough time to meet and get to know everyone. There are several people that I respect who's hand I never actually got a chance to shake.

And, what would a Wine Bloggers conference be without wine. As this week progresses, I will post about some of the over two hundred wines (no I didn't even come close to sampling them all) wines on offer that stood out for me. But, for now, I'm closing in on 25 hours since I slept in an actual bed, and I'm looking forward to going to sleep in my own timezone. Nightie-night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had fun, it was an incredible event. i found no link for email contact, so as much as i hate to do this in the comments section, i'm goung anyway...

We'd love to spread some of the funny around. We were wondering (if you find our style agreeable) if you would be willing to share some link love? A sort of "I'll link yours if you link mine" arrangement. No money, no contracts, just a simple line of code supplying a link. Check us out, and realize we are just out for fun. Think The Onion meets the Wine World. We have over a decade of experience in the business, have been published in the major magazines, and still write a bit on the subject, but needed an outlet to vent on all that makes us crazy in the head regarding the wine world. Hence http://www.slingingjuice.com - call it therapy.

Hit us back with an email if you like what you see, and even if you don't!

Anonymous said...

what fun ! only a short time to visit that area! woo hoo! I like grapes!

Taster B said...

Tannat, Oops! I guess I have some optimizing to do here. Sorry about the contact issue, it shall be rectified forthwith!

contrlfreq, it was short! I was in a brain fog from lack of sleep all weekend! Thank goodness I wasn't drinking. Oh, wait...